Friday, March 19, 2010

How to Make a Sit Upon

Today, I am posting about making sit-upons with my Daisy troop. Sit-upons are an honored tradition with the Girl Scouts. Being the adventurous bunch that they are, you often find yourself with a need for something to "sit upon" (hence the name). I was able to donate $4.20 of materials for the project. A bargain craft, wouldn't you say?


Step 1: Buy vinyl/fabric-backed table clothes. You will need enough to and cut them into 14'' X 28'' squares/one for each girl. Fold them in half to make a 14 inch square.




Step 2: Tape three sides of the square with masking tape:

Step 3: Punch holes through the tape.



Step 4: Thread ribbon or yarn through the holes all the way up one side. Tie at the top and leave enough for a handle. Tie it on the other side and then thread down the second side.




Step 5: Fill with newpaper:




Step 6: Tape it closed:




Step 7: Throw a sit-upon upon on your shoulder and enjoy:-)

22 comments:

More Than Words said...

Wow, how easy!!! What a fun project!

cat said...

That's a cool idea. Wow.

The Blonde Duck said...

I need one of those for work....

Candi said...

How easy and fun!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

How cool! That looks so easy!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool and it does look super easy.

Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow and so glad you joined in this week! I am already your blog follower. Have a terrific weekend.


~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

Anonymous said...

I remember my sister making those when she was little. Neat idea :)

I found you on Friday Follow

Claremont First Ward said...

Thanks for the tutorial. A great little project to file away for future use!

Cher said...

Cute!

Stopping by to say Hi and Happy Follow Friday! Now following you!
I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!

Visit Mama’s Money Savers

Jingle said...

Well that is super easy! How fun! I wasn't a girl scout, so I guess that's why I had never heard of these before! LOL!

Erin said...

Following from Friday Follow. What a fun project. I hope you'll come visit our chaos soon.
www.erinamundsen.blogspot.com

Amy said...

what a fun and great idea..

have a great weekend..

veterankindergartenteacher said...

I found your blog through Friday Follow! Have a wonderful week-end! Great idea!

Braley Mama said...

Very cool idea, I love it infact!

Melissa B. said...

I remember these from my own Girl Scout Days. And of course, the girls still have theirs...

thotlady said...

I love hand made items. Nice job.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

cool project!!!

MommieDaze said...

Happy SITS Saturday! What a great project Idea!

Amy said...

Happy Sunday...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Awwwww, daisies. I haven't thought about that in forever. My sister was the cutest little Daisy!

Controlling My Chaos said...

What a nifty project for the girls. And cheap.

mommytoalot said...

Is that ever neat..i think my girls would like to do something like that.
we did crafts this week..


View My Stats
Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's For Dinner?

 
Powered by Blogger