Monday, September 22, 2008

Beef Burgundy Over Herb Egg Noodles

Thanks to my wonderful Internet provider; I do not have Internet access at my house. So, since I am not doing this locally, I don’t have any pictures for you this morningL

However, I am throwing a dinner party for my uncle this weekend and in lieu of pictures, I am going to share my whole menu with you. Then, over the next couple weeks, I will post all the other recipes and pictures. Deal? Great, I knew you would be ok with thatJ

Here is my French Menu:
Barefoot Chardonnay for the First Two Courses
Susie’s Homemade Molasses Dinner Rolls
French Onion & Fontina Cheese Soup with Susie’s Homemade Ciabatta Bread Croutons
Leafy Greens with Apples and Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette

Burgundy Wine for the Main Course
Beef Burgundy Over Herb Egg Noodles (see the recipe below)

French Vanilla Coffee for Dessert Course
Grandma’s Homemade Pecan-Filled Butterhorns with Sugar Glaze

To kick off my recipe postings, here is the Main Course:

Beef Burgundy Over Herb Egg Noodles
Ingredients:
3 lb. Beef chuck or round steak cut in about 1” cubes
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 cup Burgundy
10-½ oz. can beef stock
3 or 4 sprigs fresh sage
3 or 4 sprig fresh thyme
3 slices bacon
2 medium onions sliced
12 oz wide egg noodles
2 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
12 blades fresh chives snipped or finely chopped (plus extra for garnish, if desired)

Directions:
1. Brown meat in butter in a deep and heavy skillet. Add flour and stir while cooking for 2 to 3 minutes. Add burgundy, beef stock and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 hours. Check while simmering and add liquid as necessary.

2. Fry onions and bacon together until onions are lightly browned. Drain fat and add to meat along with mushrooms. Let simmer for another 30 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, prepare the egg noodles to the package directions. Toss hot egg noodles with butter and herbs.

4. To serve, place a bed of noodles in a shallow bowl and pour beef burgundy over the noodles. Garnish with fresh chives, if desired.

Serves 6

15 comments:

Hippie Family... said...

how am I hungry for dinner when I just finished breakfast.. YUM! and sorry about the internet at your place, we have the same issues here sometimes.. no fun!

Shannon said...

Mmmm... sounds yummy!

I am so looking forward to the soup recipe... French onion soup is one of my faves!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, that sounds delish! I am collecting recipes for Katie to use with our geography program this year - and this looks like one that would meet her taste buds criteria :-)

EmmaP said...

sounds divine! But I don't have a thing to wear! What's that? Oh - it's a private party? oh - all right... see you on the next one, hahaha. Can't wait to see the pics.

Amydeanne said...

well you've made my mouth water! i love french cuisine!

Jen said...

That is going to be some dinner party. Is it free for the public b/c I really want to come and sample to food.

Shell said...

Your dinner sounds so good. Can I stop by too!!

Frizzy said...

Hope your internet is up and running again soon. Dinner sounds yummy. I can't wait. I'll be there with bells on. Be sure to set an extra chair for me. :) Just kidding. Wish I could though.

Miss Hollywood said...

can i come over for dinner? :-) sounds Delicious!

Anonymous said...

That all sounds DELISH!!!

Hope you get internet soon!!!! :)

debi9kids said...

MMMMMmmmm! Ok, will you be posting the dinner roll recipe???? YUM!

Jennifer said...

Sounds so delicious!! I just drooled all over my laptop...

Anonymous said...

You make my stomach growl!

BPOTW said...

My computer is shorting out now because of all the drool. This sounds simply magnifique!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Um - if I lived nearby I think I'd have to invite myself over. What - you think I'm kidding??


View My Stats
Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's For Dinner?

 
Powered by Blogger