The best way to start a Thanksgiving celebration is with a great cocktail. Mine tastes just like pumpkin pie, so it's like starting with dessert!
It is made with a pumpkin-infused vodka. There are many different flavored vodkas out there and if you can find a pumpkin one, that is the easiest. If not, you can infuse your own! It takes a little bit of preparation beforehand but it is soooooo worth it:-)
Pumpkin Pie Cocktail
1 part Pumpkin Infused Vodka (see recipe below)
1 splash of Cointreau
Pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
1 dallop of whipped cream, for garnish
1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
1. Swirl Cointreau in a martini glass and then dump out.
2. If desired, rim glass with pumpkin pie spice for garnish.
3. Shake Pumpkin Infused Vodka and ice and strain into the glass.
4. If desired, garnish with a dallop of whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.
Pumpkin Infused Vodka
1 can (10 oz) pumpkin puree
1 quart vodka
1 tbls vanilla
1 tbls nutmeg
1. Combine all ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart mason jar. Seal the jar and let stand 4 days or up to 3 months. Shake the jar every couple of days for even infusion.
2. When the infusion period is over, strain the vodka through cheesecloth into a 1 quart jar. Your infusion is now ready to serve.