Pumpkin Gingerbread Cupcakes
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable
2/3 cups water
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
2 tsp ground ginger or 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Orange-colored sugar glaze (see recipe below)
18 cinnamon sticks
mint vines for garnish, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 bundt-style cupcake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice and cinnamon.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until they are incorporated.
4. Fill each cup 2/3 fill. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Dip each cupcake in prepared sugar glaze (see recipe below). Cut each cinnamon stick in half and place in the center of each "pumpkin". Garnish with mint vines, if desired.
Makes 36 cupcakes
5 lb powdered sugar
1 tbl milk
Orange food color
Mix all ingredients until combined.