This week, I have been packing for our big trip. Every other year, we drive from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Oakley, Kansas for a family reunion. It is two days in the car with a 6-year-old. So, I am arming myself with all the boredom fighters at my disposal.
1. DVD Player with a wide selection of discs for quiet viewing pleasure.
2. Activity and reading books to reinforce concepts we learned this school year.
3. Blank paper in a notebook. Containment in the car is key.
4. Colored pencils in a box for drawing and writing (again with the containment). Pencils are the best because crayons melt and markers are messy also.
5. Binder is a back seat toy box and a place to press on for those masterpieces.
6. Child-proof camera for capturing the vacation from your child's point of view. The one we have has games on it too.
7. Wallet contains earned allowance to spend on souvenirs.
8. Stuffed animals for imaginative play.
9. Age appropriate music on MP3 player.
10. Snacks and juice for those between-stop munchies.
I think I have it all covered. Wish us luck:-)
Use this Kmart coupon code and possibly save on all these boredom busting products.