Thursday, August 25, 2011

Saving Roses During a Remodel

As part of the remodel, I had to dig up two of my gardens. I experienced physical pain ripping my babies from the earth. I wanted to keep everything but the repairs are going to take me well into October. They will not have a chance to reestablish before the ground freezes. So, I have to stash some in my veggie garden over the winter. Here is how I did it:




1. Dig a hole:




2. Fertilize the hole:




3. Fill the hole with water:



4. Put the rose in the hold and pack with dirt:



5. Water well and keep watering well for the first two weeks. This will help everyone settle in.


Wish me luck:-)



2 comments:

Frizzy said...

You never know, they may come back bigger and better than ever!

What an exciting time. A remodel? I envy you!

Candi said...

My momma swears by Black Cow compost. Not sure if you've ever heard of it, but it does wonders for roses. It'll be gorgeous next summer!


View My Stats
Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's For Dinner?

 
Powered by Blogger