Monday, November 10, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Cocktails

The best way to start a Thanksgiving celebration is with a great cocktail. Mine tastes just like pumpkin pie, so it's like starting with dessert!

It is made with a pumpkin-infused vodka. There are many different flavored vodkas out there and if you can find a pumpkin one, that is the easiest. If not, you can infuse your own! It takes a little bit of preparation beforehand but it is soooooo worth it:-)

Pumpkin Pie Cocktail
Ingredients:
1 part Pumpkin Infused Vodka (see recipe below)
1 splash of Cointreau
Ice
Pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
1 dallop of whipped cream, for garnish
1 cinnamon stick, for garnish

Directions:
1. Swirl Cointreau in a martini glass and then dump out.

2. If desired, rim glass with pumpkin pie spice for garnish.

3. Shake Pumpkin Infused Vodka and ice and strain into the glass.

4. If desired, garnish with a dallop of whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.

Serves: 1

Pumpkin Infused Vodka
Ingredients:
1 can (10 oz) pumpkin puree
1 quart vodka
1 tbls vanilla
1 tbls nutmeg

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart mason jar. Seal the jar and let stand 4 days or up to 3 months. Shake the jar every couple of days for even infusion.

2. When the infusion period is over, strain the vodka through cheesecloth into a 1 quart jar. Your infusion is now ready to serve.

Print

18 comments:

QueenBeeing said...

That sounds delicious. My mom loves all things pumpkin. I'm going to have to make this for her sometime. Maybe Thanksgiving! Thanks for the idea.

Lilly said...

Yum that sounds so good. I have to try that. I love your blog. I wll be back as I am always looking for new ideas!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

heaven....yummmmmy

Frizzy said...

Susie, In re. to your comment on my blog. I don't have an Ipod either. I just used the music I have uploaded to my blog through Playlist. That pumpkin pie cocktail sounds so good! I thought you would be proud to know I started my prep work for my Thanksgiving meal. Got the gravy started. My mother in Law has given me some great recipes from Cooks that I am able to do ahead so the actual day isn't insane. Yeah!

Tiff said...

This sounds yummy...my hubby loves pumpkin...Might have to try to make these :)

Anonymous said...

so when your pie e'yed this is what they mean

Charlotte said...

That does sound tasty. I also read a little while ago that you can use that same basic method to infuse vodka with any flavor you want - candy, vanilla, fruit... The possibilities are endless!

Nik said...

That sounds so yummy! I might have to give this a shot!

Hippie Family... said...

um, I think I have a girl crush on you now...
I am totally coming to your house for the holidays!!

Jen said...

oh this sound SO wonderful. What a perfect way to start the holiday

Unknown said...

That sounds yummy!

Jennifer said...

Sounds delish!! I am partcularly intrigued w/ the infusion--I will have to try that!!

Jen said...

Sounds like a must for Thanksgiving this year! I can't wait to try it... thanks so much for the recipe!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Oh man. How do you stay alert for all that cookin' after you drink these babies?

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! I am going to use this post in my Pumpkin's galore posting. You don't happen to have a picture?
I can't wait to try these this thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Yd me at "Pumpkin Infused Vodka"! I had no idea there was such a thing. Man o man- just give me a big straw and I would be happy!

But I will try this recipe for sure. Thanks for coming by The Association today and sending me back here!!!

Helen said...

This cocktail looks delicious! The holidays might be over, but I'm going to see if I can round up a can of pumpkin puree and try making some pumpkin vodka.

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Oh girl you've been holding out on me!!!!!! I am so trying this!


View My Stats
Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's For Dinner?

 
Powered by Blogger