Sunday, June 14, 2009

Would You Like Wine With That?

In a former life, I ran a wine pairing site. I maintained a database that would match wines with different proteins, carbs, sauces, etc. I had all kinds of recipes paired with wines too. I even had a way that you could buy the wines right there. It was to be the perfect dinner planning device. However, in 2005, I was brand new to the blogging game and spent way too much money trying to get people to my site. So, I abandoned the project.

Now, I have my share of readers and recipes but wouldn't it be great to have wine pairings with my Monday Menu Plan? I have found a site that does that and wine reviews and wine grades too. Take a gander at Supplewine.com . It's like looking back at a former life for me and it has some useful information for you:-)

11 comments:

MsTypo said...

What a great idea! We tend to be lazy and just open whatever is next on the wine rack or sufficiently chilled for a hot day. I'll have to try that link out! :)

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

That is a great idea!!

I'll for sure check it out since I am a wine lover!!!

Melissa B. said...

Oh, I'm certainly up for that. Look forward to your commentary. BTW...I'm trying to juggle Sx3 today with a college graduation. Please stop by!

larkswing said...

Oh, how interesting! I will have to check it out and watch for your pairings. :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Thanks for the link!

Hippie Family... said...

cute! Such a great idea. We are having pork tonight with green beans and possibly apple sauce so we can do that brady bunch joke. You know "Pork chops and apple saucee"
I'll have to try it out!

Jen said...

I think that this is awesome!

HDMac said...

Thank yyu, Susie! That is a great help..

More Than Words said...

Susie..you are just so super organized!!!!!

Roxane said...

I love pairing wine and foods but i'm always looking for suggestions!

Nicole Feliciano said...

What a great site--I am always looking for suggestions. I may add this link to Friday Feasts this week.


View My Stats
Related Posts with Thumbnails

What's For Dinner?

 
Powered by Blogger